Born in Pavia on April 10, 1850, died in the same city on February 20, 1920. Grandson of the painter P. Massacra, he is a pupil of the neoclassical painter Giacomo Trécourt at the Civic School of Painting of Pavia. When he was only sixteen, in 1866, the legate Cairoli won; subsequently, in 1873 and 1877, he was respectively the winner of the Frank prize, with the painting The distribution of medicines in Santa Corona, and of the Arnaboldi competition, with the painting The arrival of the barchetto in Pavia. In this first period, during which he prefers the portrait, his works are influenced by a romanticism a la Trécourt and a modest influence of Giovanni Carnovali known as the Piccio, as evidenced by the Self-portrait of him (1881) preserved at the civic school of Pavia. The portraits of Mrs. Letizia Campari, of Count San Giuliani, of Mr. Lanfranchi are also from this period. After a fruitful stay in Milan, during which he devoted himself above all to portraits, at the end of the 1980's he returned to Pavia and applied himself to a free practice of pleinair, with inflections of a disheveled echo: the chosen subjects of the latter period are the landscapes of Pavia, both the fluvial one of Ticino and the wooded one of the Po countryside, city specks and genre paintings. He exhibits at the Permanente exhibitions in Milan and Turin and numerous times in Pavia. Among his works, which make him one of the most expressive representatives of the so-called Lombard Impressionism, we mention: The watchmaker; The eve of the festival; The family of the countryside; The recreation of a nun; The veteran; Delia's nurse; Quiet hours.