Born in Vercelli in 1878, died in Milan in 1929. He studied painting at the Vercelli Institute of Fine Arts under the guidance of maestro Costa and, after 1879, at the Brera Academy in Milan, where he received the teachings of Vespasiano Bignami, Giuseppe Mentessi and Cesare Tallone. The latter helps him to perfect himself in his portrait, introducing him to the milieu of the Milanese bourgeoisie. Essentially a figure painter and portraitist, between 1902 and 1910 he painted a series of romantic and family-inspired paintings, which reflect the sentimental tone of Tranquillo Cremona. Present at the Venetian Biennials and other important international exhibitions, after the interlude of the Great War he returned to Milan, where he established himself as an excellent portrait painter and at the same time decorator of Lombard churches and villas. In the second decade of the century his style evolved, abandoning the nuanced shades and the dull range that borders on monochrome, to gradually acquire a greater constructive vigor and lively chromatism. In 1914 he was the winner of the Principe Umberto prize with the portrait of the young girl Binda; in 1920 he was appointed extraordinary teacher of painting and nude drawing at the Brera Academy, obtaining the chair already occupied by Tallone. An established portraitist, whose work is sought after above all by the Lombard upper class, in the last years of his life he also devoted himself to landscape painting. In 1922 he held a personal exhibition in Vercelli as part of the Vercellesi Artists Exhibition, with which he would end his exhibition activity. Some of his works appear in the Galleria Civica in Milan and in the Galleria d'Arte Moderna in Rome; others in art galleries and galleries in Italy (Turin, Vercelli, Trieste, Udine) and abroad (Lugano, Bellinzona).