Born in Naples in 1858. He learned the first elements of drawing from his father Consalvo and at the age of 18 he graduated from the Institute of Fine Arts in Naples, where he had studied with Mancinelli and Marinelli. In Rome he deeply studied the works of the great ancient masters. Then, observing nature, he devoted himself to the landscape, which he treated with skill. Some of his works: Piazza Sant'Agata d'Esaro; The Gran Sasso d'Italia, for the Marquis Doria of Genoa; Capo Palinuro and the church of San Domenico, for Prince Gagarin of Odessa; A day of calm in Posillipo, for the baron Franz Fazio; Marina di Posillipo, awarded with a silver medal at the Circolo «G. B. Vico» and purchased by an English collector; The castle of Lettere; The pond of Neptune and the Pronao of the theater of Taormina, for the cav. Carmine Pisani.