Born in Naples in 1836, died in Florence February 2, 1868. Initiated by the father Vincenzo the basics of drawing and painting, from 1850 he attended the Academy of ?? Venice under the guidance of master Michelangelo Grigoletti, for shape design, and Francesco Bagnara, for landscape painting. In the years 1856-1860 returns to Naples, where he attended Palisades and Morelli and exhibits, in 1857, the exhibition of the Royal Bourbon Museum (The Chapel of St. Thomas Aquinas in San Domenico Maggiore). In 1860 he joined the Expedition of the Thousand and, in a clash with the Bourbon army, lost an eye. At the end of the same year he moved to Florence where he works alongside Lega, Borrani and Sernesi, painting landscapes, views archi¬tettoniche and genre scenes. E ?? introduced by De Tivoli in artistic coterie of Caffè Michelangelo, a true center of the Macchiaioli movement, which marries the poetic. In 1866 again interrupted his artistic activity to participate voluntarily in the Battle of Custoza, which begins the War III d ?? Independence, during which, taken prisoner, was interned in Croatia. He returned to Florence in December of that year ??, he moved to Castelnuovo di Misericordia, in hinterland ?? Livorno, where, through the friend ?? Martelli, know Giovanni Fattori, who appreciate the work. In December 1867, bitten by his dog, dies from rabies, only thirty-two. To show his work, between 1861 and 1864, is constant: in 1861 participates in ?? Exposure of Florence, with two interior of the church of San Mi¬niato al Monte, both admired and praised; in 1863, the Promoters of Turin and Florence, displays works executed en plein air (Florence Surroundings, Olives Monte alle Croci, Reason at Castiglioncello); in 1864, in Brera, presents The milkman Piagentina. During the same year he made various studies from life of the Campo Santo at Pisa and spends the summer ?? Castiglioncello, again guest Hammers, with which it shares the first ?? Florentine apartment via the yoke, then a house outside the city of St. Gallen, in common with Zandomeneghi, just arrived from Venice. Among the most famous works are cited: Monaco to the choir, sent to the Promoter of Naples and purchased by the Museum of Capodimonte (in 1870, two years after his death, the painting was exhibited in Parma and awarded honorable mention); An extension of the Bargello, 1865 (collection of the comm. Mario Vannini Parenti, Florence); the Cloister of Santa Croce (collection Visconti Moscardi, Florence); Prayer; Interior of a woodcutter's hut; II celibate; Portrait of Diego Martelli; II Mugnone at the Cure; Bridge of Grace in Florence and Triptych of portraits (with the center of the ri¬tratto Sernesi) in coll. Cerpi of Turin; Oxen along the sea; Oxen to the wagon (in the collection of Count Giustiniani, Florence); Peasant family during siesta which is one of his latest works and reveals great purity of tone.