Born in Caluso (Aosta), on June 18, 1843, died in Turin on November 6, 1918. He attended the study of the Camino for five years while studying the Flemish works preserved in the Pinacoteca of Turin at the same time. He specialized in painting still lifes, and was commissioned by the Italian government for 27 years to reproduce the best products of national viticulture. Hundreds of copies of his works were made and spread all over the world. He also treated the landscape with gusto.