Born in Milan on 29 March 1859, where he died on 2 November 1937. Leonardo's younger brother, since 1875 he has attended courses at the Brera Academy in Milan of the sculptor Ambrogio Borghi and the sculptor and painter from Valgannes Giuseppe Grandi. Here he meets Leonardo Bistolfi and Gaetano Previati. Faithful follower of disheveled painters, such as Tranquillo Cremona and Daniele Ranzoni, “he had a certain compositional sense perhaps closer to that of a painter than of a sculptor (Lavagnino). He asserts himself both in genre sculpture and in monumental and cemetery sculpture, obtaining important commissions, and also practices monotypic etching. From 1905 to 1908 he was a member of the Milan City Council. In 1892 he exhibited and was awarded a gold medal in Genoa; he has been present at the exhibitions of the Promoter of Fine Arts in Turin since 1906; in 1913 he presented a Smiling Bedouin and Self-portrait at the International Exposition in Rome, where, in 1915, he exhibited Water Bearer (proposed the same year in San Francisco); in 1917, together with his brother Leonardo, he held his first solo show at the Central Art Gallery in Milan, presenting, among other works, the bronze Self-portrait serious; in 1921 he exhibited Self-portrait and Ketty (bronze statuette depicting a dog) in Naples; the latter work is re-proposed at the Turin Quadrennial in 1923; in 1927 he exhibited Il Forte in Florence, where he is often present at the exhibitions of the Society of Fine Arts. Three years after his death, a retrospective is dedicated to him at the Society for Fine Arts and Permanent Exhibition. Among his works, in addition to the numerous marbles and terracottas in the monumental cemeteries of Milan and Bergamo and in the municipal cemeteries of Pallanza, Cesano Boscone and Gignese and the various portraits, we remember: the plaster Sordello da Goito, with which he won the Luigi Canonica prize (1881, Milan, Gallery of Modern Art); the marble monument of Garibaldi in Monza (1886); The widow, a plaster group linked to social realism, with which she obtained the Principe Umberto prize in 1888 (Rome, Galleria d'Arte Moderna), whose marble transposition was awarded at the international exhibitions in Paris (1889) and Munich (1892) and to the national team of Palermo (1892), where it was purchased by the Ministry of Public Education; Trovatella (1889); Exhaustion (1894, Dresden, National Gallery), who was awarded the Paris Grand Prix in 1901; In caravan !, bronze castings of orientalist inspiration purchased by the City Hall of Milan in 1892 on the occasion of the annual Exhibition of the Society for Fine Arts and Permanent Exhibition of Milan (Milan, Gallery of Modern Art); Monument to Felice Cavallotti (1901-1906, Milan, Boschetti); War Memorial (1922, Cantù); Self-portrait (1926) and Portrait of his brother Leonardo (Milan, Galleria d'Arte Moderna). Furthermore, the Monumento ai Caduti di Vigevano, Palazzolo sull Oglio, Sant Ambrogio Olona, Mariano Comense, Brenta and Brugherio belong to him. Several of his works are preserved in important private (Fondazione Cariplo) and public Italian collections (among which, in addition to those already mentioned: Piacenza, Ricci Oddi Modern Art Gallery; Bologna, Lercaro Collection Modern Art Gallery; Caprese Michelangelo, Michelangelo Museum; Novara, Gallery of Modern Art) and abroad.