Born in Villa di Villa di Mel, in the province of Belluno, on January 5, 1860. He trained at the Academy of Fine Arts in Venice where he attended the courses of Eugenio De Blaas. After completing his artistic studies, from the early 1980s he took part in the main national pictorial exhibitions in Venice, Milan, Turin, Genoa, Florence and Rome. He mainly dedicates himself to scenes of working life in the countryside and mountains of the Feltre area, to the Venetian landscape and to portraits. In 1881 he made his debut at the Permanente in Venice with Casa rustica, Un rivo a Venezia and Al Mercato, obtaining numerous acclaim. In 1883 he exhibited Una nevicata in Milan. The following year, the painting The return from the pasture was purchased at the Turin exhibition by the National Gallery of Modern Art in Rome. Also in 1884 he participated in the Permanente of Milan and in the review of the Society of Fine Arts of Verona, with Rio dei Secchi and Cortile Rustic. In 1886 he exhibited three works at the first exhibition of the Permanente in Milan, of which Interno di San Marco in Venice (Prayer to San Marco), was purchased by Commendatore Federico Milyus. The 1887 Venice exhibitions follow (Beniamino, Maternal Angosce, Summer and April); the 1891 exhibition in Munich with The work in the fields and The return from the market, scenes of everyday life in the hometown; the Venice Biennale of 1895 with Nevicata and Vacche alla pozza; that of 1897 with the courtyard of the Doge's Palace, the washerwomen, a sheep shearer and the blacksmiths. In the same year in Verona he presented La capraia; at the National Exhibition of Turin in 1898 At the village festival; in Milan in 1900 In spring. After the Veronese exhibition of 1902, with Last days of autumn and The vigil of the poor, he stopped participating in official reviews. He died in his hometown on January 1, 1944.