He studied at the Accademia Albertina, a pupil of Giacomo Grosso, and then perfected himself in Florence, at the Institute of Fine Arts, where he studied fifteenth-century Tuscan painting. Moving to Milan he frequented Gaetano Previati approaching Divisionism and in 1906 he returned definitively to Genoa where he began to paint views of the coast, the port and scenes of sea life. Also a fresco painter, his name remains linked above all to the paintings of animals and in particular of horses. Works Campoligure, Oratory (fr.). Genoa, Topographic Collection of the Municipality; Episcopal Palace; Collection of the Port Consortium; Collection of the Province. Geno-va-Pegli, Municipality (fresco of the Council Chamber). Ovada, Duomo (fresco of the Cupola). Ponzone d'Acqui, Church of San Giorgio (fr.). Rocca Grimalda, Oratory (fr.). Sarzana, Episcopal Palace. Bibliography A.M. Comanducci, V, 1974, p. 3434; G.L. Marini, in Bolaffi Encyclopedic Dictionary ..., XI, 1976, p. 319; V. Rocchiero, 1981, pp. 259-260 (with bibl.); Bolaffi, cat. n. 12, 1983, p. 338; G. Costa, 1985, p. 70.